Film 102 Tasks


Completed action

Here is the final production: Click here

This is my completed action film, It went really well and I’m really happy at how it turned out. This was really fun to make and edit!. I tried my best to make it cinematic and enjoyable to watch, I used a range of shots going from mid shots to insert shots etc. Things that went well where I got everything I wanted to film in and executed to the best of my ability, and overall it was very aesthetically pleasing ,I think I would improve on using different lighting because it was all natural lighting and in some shots non natural lighting could of made it that little bit better, but to be honest I don’t think it needed any non natural lighting since it was what I see when I get up in the morning, so because of this it’s more realistic. 

Furthermore i wanted to make this kind of project because it was the first thing i thought of when i thought cinematic, i took inspiration from a you tuber called Casey Neistat who creates YouTube videos that are very cinematic and very visually appealing, i love the way that he creates these videos and the way that he does it in a entertaining way. Here's link to one of his videos that inspired this project.

   

Photo Series

Here is the final production: Click here

This is my photo series everything went well, it has a more funny side to it but also a eerie side to it but mostly a comedic side, it shows a man asleep and awakened by a dark figure in the corner of the room, he gets up and walks over to it and picks up a chair… After this scene you can assume what happened by the way that it ended, i chose to do this kind of film because i didn't want it to be a few photos and music i wanted it to be a little bit more with the amount of pictures i could use, i decided to mix the two feels of a horror and a happy and more joyful genre, this felt like the best way to make it that little ore entertaining.

I used the music from the hit American TV show Scream, i used this music because I've watched the show personally and that music plays out throughout the show and it's very eerie. And for the more joyful music i used relaxing dream like music.

Two Person conversation

Here is the final production: Click here

 This my two person conversation along side Martin Cunningham who played James, when we create this piece of work it was quite rushed and we had to change the script and story line from our original just because of the deadline we were on. I would say it works for what we needed to film but it wasn't to a standard i wanted it to be. After it was filmed and edited and we reviewed the footage i would say we used the correct use of OTS shots giving it the perfect conversation feel, but overall i think it could of been better.

Adding to this i think that we did do what the task was and executed it how it should of been but it just could of been a lot better with the use of facial expressions and talking more clearly and louder on my part especially, this is something i will try to improve on also, another thing is that we could of put a more clear and meaningful flashback in. But overall i'd say we did what were supposed to do and we achieved this with the correct criteria.

Process documentary

Here is the final production: Click here

I enjoyed making this documentary because it was fun to see how these crafts are made and how you can make such cool things with string and knots, everything went according to plan, i got everything filmed and editing went well too, i could of definitely improved on the lighting the lighting was a bit dark and maybe if it was a bit brighter it would of been more visually appealing.

In this film i used one main shot but at the very start i used more of a variety of shots which made it more appealing and made it a lot more interesting to watch in general. I'm proud of how it turned out and i'm glad it turned out exactly how i planned it to.

I also used calm relaxing music for the beginning cinematic's , this played a key role in making the cinematic's more of a significant role in the film.

Comments